Top Five Reasons Why Your Garage Door Squeak
A noisy overhead door is a nuisance. It not only irritates you and your neighbors, but also indicate the malfunction signs that will cause the premature wear of parts. When the door requires a maintenance service, it probably tells you, listen to your door. Squeak, grind, squeal and grind are all trying to tell you something about faulty door.
Have you heard a weird noise coming from your overhead door? If so, you may problems with the door. A garage door is made with a various moving parts and all these parts lubrication on time for smooth operations. If the door suddenly starts to make a loud noise, it could be really bothering you. It is crucial to pay attention to excessive door noise so you can know to keep up on maintenance needs.
- Lack of lubrication: Sometimes solving the problem of noisy garage door as simple as applying lubrication. It is a do it yourself project. Most of the home repair centers sell overhead door lubrication kits. Lubricate springs, roller bearings, hinges and other moving parts. Sometimes this simple step will fix a noisy door.
- Loose nuts and bolts: The garage door has a various nuts and bolts that helps to open and close the door. The chances one to become a little bit loose after daily operations. However, loose nuts and bolts can cause unpleasant noises. Use a wrench to tighten up all the nuts and bolts, but be careful not to over tighten.
- Worn out spring: Sometimes the weird noise you listen come from the torsion springs. It means the spring is about to break entirely. If you have the same problem, it is highly recommended that hire a professional to fix broken spring.
- Unbalanced door: After lubricating the parts of the door, if you hear the same noise, it means you need to check the balance of garage door. An unbalanced door might become feeble. If you suspect your door is unbalanced, it is important to hire a professional instead of a DIY method.
- Malfunctioning track: STrack helps the door slides up and down. If it suddenly starts to make a noise, check it carefully. May be the track is clogged with debris or it slightly bent. If the track has dirt, it could make it difficult for the overhead door to move on the track. If you notice the track is bent or damaged, call a professional to come out and assess the problem.
If you have addressed any kind of issue with your door and it creates too much noise, you have to talk to your garage door repair professional. If you cannot determine why your garage door making a noise, you can call us at Gulliver Garage Doors Edmonton. Our professionals provide you valuable repair services.