Summer months are approaching and soon there will be heat everywhere. For garage door owners, it is one of the toughest time that demands extra care and input to maintain the performance of overhead door installations inside their home. In order to keep your family and vehicle safe in summers, there is need to maintain the largest moving element inside your property. Since garages serve many purposes other than just parking a vehicle, make sure you are spending some quality time in a secure and safe place. For this purpose, you may need to perform periodic maintenance and replacement service.
Some ultimate garage door safety tips for summers are:
- Keep the door remote away from the reach of children. Try to install the wall switch button at a height that can be accessed by pets and children i.e. at least 5 feet above the ground level.
- Make sure that your kids remain away from the opener remote. Tell them that playing with remote is dangerous as it is not a toy.
- Teach your kids and family members about every door component and the function it performs. This will make them realize how dangerous it might turn out working with this heavy door.
- Test the door reverse mechanism of an opener at least once in a month to ensure that the overhead door installation is working as desired.
- Keep the user and manufacturer manuals handy, so that you can operate the door during faulty and troublesome conditions. This manual can turn out to be beneficial, in case one needs to operate a residential garage door manually.
- Carefully inspect the door components like springs, cables, rollers, nuts, bolts, hinges and pulleys. If you notice any signs of damage or wear and tear, get the respective element replaced by professionals.
- Since garage doors are largest and heaviest elements, never try to offer any DIY repairs. Only experts who are both licensed and insured can repair or replace the door components effectively.
These are some safety tips for garage doors that ensures that your overhead door installation is ready for summers. If you are looking for a reliable overhead door company that can replace and repair your existing garage door, feel free to call us at Gulliver Garage Doors Edmonton.