5 most common garage door problems
A garage is the most usable and the largest part of your house. It is not just for your vehicles, it’s a place where you store your outdoor items and many indoor items. Many homeowners use it as a workplace. Whether you use your garage to park your car or use it as a workplace, one thing is sure that you open your overhead door multiple times in a single day, right? Means, it can get any problem easily.
Most of the homeowners face some garage door problems, if they fail to inspect these issues on time. If you want to keep your door free from any problem, you need a regular maintenance and repair service. At the end of the week, you can take one or two hours from your schedule and inspect the door properly. If there is any wear and tear sign, contact to a garage door professional in Edmonton.
- Broken garage door spring: Spring is the most important part of a garage door. It works under pressure every day. Due to a lot of pressure, it is breaking easily. Like other household items, a spring has a limited lifespan. Generally, its life depends on the weight of your door and how many times you open or close your door. When you suspect any problem with it, replacement is the only solution to prevent any accident or injury.
- Frayed cables: Broken or frayed cables are also a major problem. It’s not easy to replace them at your own. It requires a help of a professional to replace a broken cable. Cables are attached to the top of the door to the bottom of the door. It helps to hold the weight of the door when you open or close it. Wear and tear is a very common reason of broken cable.
- Jammed garage door: An overhead door that will not open or close can be caused by various reasons. If you have an automatic door and used remote to open and close it, the main issue may lie in the battery. If your remote and battery is in good working condition, something may be stuck in the track of the door.
- Loud noise: Have you heard some awkward, loud noise when you open and close the garage door? If so, this weird voice is a sign of a problem with the wheel tracks. May be the lubricant in the track has been dried up. To prevent this problem, you need to lubricate all the parts.
- Uneven movement: Sometimes you see a problem when you try to close the door and it will suddenly open. This happens due to spring problem, when one spring working better and the other is not. In such case, you need to concern a professional.
Now, you have learned about the garage door problems. These problems require solution as soon as possible. Otherwise, it leads to some major issues. If you face any problem with your overhead door, call to Gulliver Garage Door Edmonton at any time.