Once the temperatures begin dropping to freezing, the garage turns into a critical shield of your car from the chill. Just because of the chill, an overhead door can prevent you from pulling the car inside safely. Unfortunately, there are a number of problems that you could face during the winter season.
A noisy overhead door is a nuisance. It not only irritates you and your neighbors, but also indicate the malfunction signs that will cause the premature wear of parts. When the door requires a maintenance service, it probably tells you, listen to your door. Squeak, grind, squeal and grind are all trying to tell you something about faulty door.
A damaged garage door can be very dangerous for you and your family. The performance of an overhead door relies on its all parts. That is why it is crucial to keep them in good working condition. Once they fail to perform, it may create various problems for homeowners or can result in serious repairs. A regular maintenance, repair and inspection should all be done by an expert professional. An expert and adept professional know how to diagnose and fix the issue.
There are several benefits of hiring an overhead door repair professional and all these advantages are shared by Gulliver Garage Doors in Edmonton.
- Cost effective garage door repair and maintenance: Nowadays, there are several garage door repair companies available in the market. All these companies claim to provide effective repair and installation services at very affordable price. But only reliable and reputable companies provide you cost effective services.
- Save your time: Time is the most important part of human’s life. A professional repairman is able to fix the problem in a timely manner. A regular maintenance is crucial to prevent any kind of problem that will cause to spend more time to sort out the issue. When a professional technician advises you, take it into consideration to prevent future issues.
- Latest tools and equipments: Every professional is equipped with the latest tools and equipments to handle any kind of overhead door issues. All the technicians are fully trained and they know how to use these tools. By hiring a professional, you ensure that you will receive a quality repair service.
- Variety of services: You have a jammed garage door problem and you may able to sort out this issue. But what about the reasons of a jammed door. Do you know why your overhead door gets jam? To know the reasons and perform the maintenance service on the door, you need a person who has an extensive experience in this field. Get a variety of services from an experienced technician and enjoy a problem free door.
- 24/7 service and warranty: Accidents do not give any sign before coming. Your door may create problem at any time, whether it is early morning or late night. Adept technicians are always available 24/7 and provide you a warranty on his work. If there is anything happening to your door within a warranty period, you are able to get free repair service.
Working on a faulty garage door may look an easy job. But in reality it is a very daunting task which is not performed by everyone. So, when you need a repair, maintenance and installation service, it is best to allow a professional to do work for you.
Just like a residential garage door, commercial doors also hold importance. Both are used on a regular basis. Whether it is your home appliances, a residential door or a commercial garage door, when you use it on a regular basis, it needs a lot of care and protection from its owner. In case, if you fail to do, it can lead to some serious problems, affecting your business and time.
Unfortunately, with the one faulty part the entire overhead door not working. Every business needs a strong and sturdy garage door. It does not only keep your workplace safe, in fact, contribute to the overall business appearance. There is no more frustrating than a malfunctioning door. It does not create inconvenience for you, but also interfere with your business operations.
Here are some common commercial garage door problems discussed by garage door repair professionals.
- The door won’t open: Generally, commercial overhead doors are heavy. Every door has two torsion springs on both sides. In case the spring gets damaged, it will create difficulty to lift the door when you press the open button. It means the door demands a repair service by a professional.
- Damaged track: Tracks play an important role in the operation of the door. In case, if the track is out of alignment, you cannot open or close the door. Maintenance on a regular basis will help you detect the problem early. Visual inspection of the track helps you find the gaps between the rollers and the rail. There can be a various possible reasons for the misaligned track, but most importantly rollers or rails are responsible for it.
- The problem with the power: If you have a manually operated garage door or an automatic overhead door, it needs an appropriate power supply to work. In case, you door won’t open and close properly, it could be an issue with the power supply. In such situation, your commercial garage door requires the help of a professional technician to find the problem.
- Damaged spring and cable: Garage door system relies on both torsion spring and cables. If anyone of them get fail to perform, the commercial garage door will not open and close. Cables and springs are the most important part of your door that requires a regular maintenance service and replacement service if they get broken.
Some of aspects of commercial garage door repair you can do on your own. But some repair services are good to be left in the hands of an overhead door repair professional. A door has several large and small parts and you might not be familiar with all of them. That’s why it is good to contact a professional.
A garage is the most usable and the largest part of your house. It is not just for your vehicles, it’s a place where you store your outdoor items and many indoor items. Many homeowners use it as a workplace. Whether you use your garage to park your car or use it as a workplace, one thing is sure that you open your overhead door multiple times in a single day, right? Means, it can get any problem easily.
Most of the people have realized the importance of using their garage more than just a parking slot. This involves using the garage for various purposes like converting it into a mini office, study room or using it for partying etc. Since one is looking to use the garage for things like these, it should be soundproof enough to carry out such activities with peace.
We all want to save money, don’t we? Yes! It is very much true but there are times when spending a bit more, can actually be more profitable. Garage doors hold a lot of importance in one’s property as it provides security and safety to the garage.
When choosing a new garage door, these things should be kept in mind too. What mostly happens is that while trying to save money, safety and security features get neglected easily. This is not a very good idea as your garage needs to be safe and secure and a cheap garage door will hardly be having that.
Risks Involved With Cheap Garage Doors
- Low Quality
Cheap garage doors have this quality that they hardly have any quality in them. When something is made out of a low price, you can’t expect it to be of high quality. The material used to make such garage doors are of low quality and don’t provide any strength to the garage door.
- Cheap Spare Parts
It is very obvious that a cheap garage door will use cheap quality spare parts only. These spare parts have no warranty and one can never tell till what time, they will perform. These kinds of spare parts are prone to a lot of wear and tear, thus affecting the smooth functioning of your garage door.
- High Maintenance Costs
If you though you saved a lot of money after buying a cheap garage door, think again! Cheap garage doors are prone to a lot of defects, wear and tear amongst its parts, leading to repair or replacements. These replacements can be pretty expensive and when done on regular basis, which is likely to happen, take the cost of maintenance very high!
- Leads To High Energy Bills
As cheap garage doors have hardly any insulation quality, they fail completely to stop external temperatures from entering the garage. This makes your HVAC unit to work harder during extreme climate in summers and winters. This eventually leads to higher energy bills and that too every month!
- Low Security
When the material used to make garage door is low quality, it will hardly have any strength in it, thus providing low to zero security to your garage door. This can make your garage door prone to a break-in, leading to a theft! You can actually loose out more money than you tried to save while buying a cheap garage door.
- Short Life Span
Everyone knows that for a healthy and long living, one got to have strength in the body. When it comes to cheap garage doors, its body hardly possess any strength. Over the time, this makes it stop working due to the failure of its one or the other part. How far do you think such a garage door is going to survive?
Take Professional Advise Instead!
If you are confused on choosing the garage door that fits in your budget, feel free to call Gulliver Garage Doors Edmonton for an expert advise. We will guide you in choosing the best garage door for your garage which provides full safety and fits in your budget at the same time.
When it comes to garage doors, decision making gets very tough. Since it is a special component of your property, you don’t want to take any chances.
What makes the decision making even more tough, is the wrong information prevailing in the market. There are a lot of myths about garage doors regarding repairs, installation, purchasing etc.
One should not pay heed to such myths, rather consult a professional for the same. This will not only clear the confusions but also help in proper decision making. So, let us clear some of your myths mentioned below.
Myth & Facts About Garage Doors
Myth – All garage doors are built of the same material.
Fact – Not at all, if all garage doors were same, why would there be so much competition and different prices? It is because garage doors vary in terms of quality, security and a lot of other features.
Myth – All garage doors are loud in nature.
Fact – This is not true as the loudness of the garage door depends upon the quality of the material used and this makes it cheap and expensive.
Apart from this, a garage door making too much sound is an indication of a faulty component.
Myth – Garage doors need little to no maintenance.
Fact – Such kind of myths can prove to be very costly if you start following them blindly. Garage doors work throughout the year and need proper care and maintenance. Failing to do so, can invite a lot of trouble for the garage doors.
Myth -Manual garage doors are far better than automatic garage doors.
Fact -We know where this came from. There is no doubt that manual garage door involves simple installation process and even easy maintenance. However, automatic garage doors are more convenient to use and also offers more security and features.
Myth – All garage doors have the same look.
Fact – Not true again! There are so many designs out there in the market today for garage doors. Not only they differ in looks but also vary in features. You have a lot of options to choose from but make sure you choose a design which matches with the exterior of your house.
Myth – All garage door services or service companies are the same.
Fact – False! Garage door services depend upon the kind of problem it is facing and requires complete different treatments. Regarding different companies, each and every company has different ways of working. It is the quality of work which distinguishes one company from the other.
Myth – Repair is needed when a component fails.
Fact – No! If you will wait for the component to fail, then it may be too late for repair and require a replacement. It is essential to regularly inspect the garage door, which help in early detection of the problem and then a repair is possible.
The way you treat your car, you should treat your garage door also. If you think people get impressed by looking at your car, it is very much true, but one more thing people will get impressed by is looking at your garage door.
Garage door demands proper care and maintenance from your side, this is what it makes beautiful and appealing. Just like anything, your garage door can get damaged over time and may demand some repair and makeover.
So, how do you go about it? Just simply calling out a professional will not help, you have to hire someone who truly is a Professional!
Look out for these things before hiring one:-
It is very important that you choose a company which is certified and all their professionals are licensed. Always ask for the license when a professional comes to repair your garage door.
There is nothing in the world that can give you the correct information about the company than the previous customers. If you can find on your own, good enough.
If not, ask for contacts from the company itself. If they fail to provide, look for some other companies.
Who will you hire? Someone new in this field or someone with loads of experience? The answer is obvious, you will opt for experienced professionals.
This doesn’t mean that a new company don’t have the skills to work but that puts you on the edge. If you want to take that risk? Hire one and see.
It is very important that you get an estimate prepared for the cost of services. This gives you better idea of your own budget.
Based on that, you can lower or increase the amount or quality of work to be done. Also, it saves you from getting overcharged after the work is done.
A well reputed company is confident about their work and even offers warranty to their work and services. If you are looking for a repair company, try to find the one who also gives you warranty for their work.
This will save you from any repeated damage after they leave and also let you know the quality of their work.
This gives a clear idea whether a company is licensed or not. If they are asking for only cash, chances are that they are not registered.
A licensed company will accept all modes of payment including credit, debit card, checks since they are licensed and pay taxes.
So, it is advisable to go through all the above points before you hire a garage door professional next time. Not only it will save you from any kind of fraud, but also help in the proper repair, which your garage is asking.
Your residential garage door will perform reliably for years to come only with the proper care and maintenance. However, there will come a time when you need to replace the door. If you have been procrastinating the replacement task for quite a while, you are going to end up spending more money. Moreover, it can also lead to dangerous accidents and injury to you and your family members. You can never trust a damaged garage door as they can crush or snap at any point of time.
Here are some potential signs indicating that you should replace your garage door now.
- Damaged Wiring: Some residential garage doors operate through electric power. So, if you have an automatic opener connected, check it properly. If the wiring is damaged or worn out, you should replace it as soon as possible before it causes some serious damage to your property.
- Broken Door Parts: A garage door is made up of various parts and all the parts should be in sync and proper working condition all the time. If there is some door part that is damaged, replace it quickly. But, if the damage is non-replacable, then you should think of replacing the door. Rusty doors, broken edges and damaged bottom and all these signs indicate that replacement is imperative.
- Inconsistent Movement: Make sure that your door doesn’t falter when it is in operation. If the door keeps shaking every time you open or close it, this can be a clear indication of some serious issue. Call a professional to prevent such issues immediately.
- High Utility Bills: Automatic doors run with electricity. But, if you find inconsistency on your utility bills, there might be some issue with the parts or functionality of the door. So, talk to a professional garage door technician who can help you to solve your problem in less time.
- Weird Noise: You need to ensure that the door is quiet in operation. If it keeps creating some annoying noise, then lubricate the moving parts with some high quality lubricant. If the problem still persists, call a professional for help.
Now you are aware of the potential signs of a malfunctioned garage door. Next time, if you experience any of the above cases with your garage door, consult a garage door specialist to replace the door.
We, at Gulliver Garage Door Edmonton, offer 24 hours and 7 day services to residential and commercial throughout the Ottawa area. When you need high-quality, prompt garage door services, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our professionals are prepared to provide repair and maintenance around the clock.